Shoulder pain is an incredibly common complaint, and when you consider the amount of work that our shoulders carry every day, it’s hardly surprising.
It’s also one of the conditions that we tend to self-treat with pain killers that can only bring temporary relief and don’t address the underlying issues. That’s why chiropractic can be an excellent choice for persistent shoulder pain. Effective chiropractic treatment can not only help you to a proper diagnosis, but also to a drug-free and long-term solution.
Some of the typical symptoms of shoulder-pain can include:
- Difficulty in raising your arm
- Pain when carrying objects such as grocery bags
- Discomfort at night when resting on your side
- Swelling at or near the shoulder
- Persistent pain that lasts more than a few days
Shoulder injuries can also cause referred pain, where discomfort is felt in your neck or back.